Saturday, September 13, 2008

Notice of Intent

Welcome to my blog on globalization and globalism. I've created this space with the intention of recording and expressing my thoughts on the differences, relationships, and influences of globalization and globalism. I'm currently taking a course called Seminar in Contemporary World Issues that is focusing on these topics, but it is a prevalent part of society today regardless. While I cannot offer a professional perspective, I can provide a student voice on the matter. Whether it's theoretical discussion or simple observation, if it has to do with globalism or globalization, it'll show up here.

The three books that I'll be reading over the course of the semester are Globalism: Market Ideology Meets Terrorism by Manfred B. Steger, Alternatives to Economic Globalization: A Better World Is Possible by John Cavanagh and Jerry Mander, and The Great Turning: From Empire to Earth Community by David C. Korten. I have yet to see whether or not these books are in line with my own viewpoints. I invite you to listen in as I find out!

No comments: